2020 Yamaha SW1NSLR
Call for Price
The new Sidewinder S-TX GT produces the most power ever offered in a Yamaha 2-up machine. It absolutely blurs the line between a sporty trail touring package and all out lake-racer. Powered by the mighty Yamaha Genesis 998 turbo, this fully featured flag-ship cruiser stands above all other passenger capable snowmobiles. Extended fuel range, storage capacity for two, plus all the comfort and warmth you'd expect from a luxury sled are a given. Rocket past your buddy's racy big twin with turbo-charged authority.
146 Dual Load Rear Suspension: The Dual Shock SR 146 offers a long profile version of our acclaimed trail comfort suspension. This lightweight suspension offers premium bump compliance with excellent resistance to bottoming. The Dual Shock SR 146 is a ?coupled? skid-frame that utilizes a unique ?sliding? front arm mount with half an inch of movement at the front arm ?slot?. This active arm design delivers controlled (reduced) ski-lift during acceleration while retaining a good measure of independent front arm tracking. The addition of passenger 'overload' springs help compensate for the extra weight of a passenger to reduce bottoming and maintain balance.
Rear Hard Case With Auxiliary Fuel Tank: You wont be caught short on a long ride with the convenient, moisture proof, hard storage case and 4 gallon auxiliary fuel tank. Total fuel capacity is bumped up to 11 gallons or 42 liters, which goes a long ways on the trail and your peace of mind.
Plush Heated Trail Seat: Special high density foam is sculpted to aid easy transition from seated to standing and shaped to allow maximum rider mobility from side to side. Its durometer is firm with just the right amount of comfort for long days in the saddle and its grippy surface helps hold you in position when grabbing a handful of throttle. The addition of a toasty heat element will be really appreciated on those long cold days.
- 146 Dual Load Rear Suspension: The Dual Shock SR 146 offers a long profile version of our acclaimed trail comfort suspension. This lightweight suspension offers premium bump compliance with excellent resistance to bottoming. The Dual Shock SR 146 is a "coupled" skid-frame that utilizes a unique "sliding" front arm mount with half an inch of movement at the front arm "slot". This active arm design delivers controlled (reduced) ski-lift during acceleration while retaining a good measure of independent front arm tracking. The addition of passenger 'overload' springs help compensate for the extra weight of a passenger to reduce bottoming and maintain balance.
- Deluxe 2-Piece Heated King Queen Seat: A plush 2-up heated seat provides the ultimate in warmth and comfort on even the coldest of winter days. A simple flip of the dash-mounted switch allows you to choose from two settings of warmth and your passenger has their own controls. The passenger also gets a fully adjustable backrest.
- Tether Switch: An integrated switch automatically shuts-down the engine when ever the driver is not on-board.
- Rear Hard Case with Auxiliary Fuel Tank: You wont be caught short on a long ride with the convenient, moisture proof, hard storage case and 4 gallon auxiliary fuel tank. Total fuel capacity is bumped up to 11 gallons or 42 liters, which goes a long ways on the trail (and your peace of mind).
- 998 Genesis Turbo Engine: The turbo boosted, one liter triple is unmatched when it comes to delivering incredible power with the refinement and quality you have come to expect from a Yamaha. Designed around a premium turbo unit, every engine component from intake to exhaust, is dedicated to producing uncompromised performance. The Yamaha turbo has earned the respect and reputation befitting the industry's highest achiever. Truly this is the potent venom of a Sidewinders bite.
- Triple Throttle Body Induction: Yamaha wanted an engine that's exceptionally quick to respond with little or no 'lag' as found in a conventional turbo. One of the ways they achieved their goal was to develop an intake system using three separate throttle bodies positioned very close to the intake valves. Instead of just one feeding long intake tubes — something that is not seen in any other production turbo on the planet. And another first for Yamaha with the Genesis turbo.
- High Tech Turbo: The Nickel alloy turbine body is extremely strong and precise, able to withstand highly elevated temperatures. Supported by premium, ceramic ball bearings, the Inconel turbine blade assembly is very light and strong. This yields a low moment of inertia for lightning quick response to exhaust gas input. Triple throttle bodies are used exclusively to further enhance the quick delivery of compressed air from the impeller to intake valves.
- Mitsubishi Electronic Control Unit: The Yamaha-developed Mitsubishi ECU uses a series of 9 sensors to gather running condition data which it computes using a predetermined memory "map". It then adjusts ignition timing, fuel delivery, manifold air-pressure and turbo boost pressure to produce maximum performance under any condition - reliably.
- Lightweight, Rigid SRV Chassis: The SRV chassis combines a load-bearing triangulated structure with lightweight aluminum construction to create a neutrally balanced sled that's centered on the rider. The pyramidal upper frame creates chassis strength without excessive weight.
- EBRS Engine Braking Control: The effect of 4-stroke 'engine braking' when the throttle valves are closed has a significant impact on handling and ride character. Yamaha developed a special system which employs the ISC (idle speed control) circuit and ECU map using throttle valve movement and RPM information to reduce negative intake pressure during deceleration.
- 146 x 1.25 in RipSaw™ Track: The second generation RipSaw
- HPG Shock Package: The Sidewinder S-TX GT receives a full compliment of proven, aluminum body HPG ( High Pressure Gas) shocks with beefy 1.5" shafts front and rear offering fade free performance to handle all the challenges the trail can dish out.
- YSRC High Performance Clutch System: The YSRC primary and roller secondary clutches are calibrated for durable, cool operation. They harness and transfer the massive torque produced by the Genesis Turbo efficiently to the track while minimizing drive belt wear. The primary shifts out aggressively to use all the power on tap while the roller secondary is quick to back-shift and provides additional ratio through its oversize sheaves. The result is continuous acceleration after others have signed off.
- Multiple Accessory Power Plugs: Both driver and passenger are provided convenient RCA DC outlets for heated helmet visors plus a socket type outlet located in the console to power-up other 12V accessories.
- Front/Rear Adjustable Hand Warmers: Both driver and passenger stay toasty warm with independently controlled hand warmers. The passenger also gets functional wind deflectors added to the padded rear grab bars to help keep the elements away from their hands.
- Tall Wind Deflector: Escape the wind and winter chill with a sculpted, functional windshield. A small lip at the top deflects wind and snow up and over the rider at speed, while flared edges provide added protection and warmth for your hands.
- Push Button Electric Start: As with all Yamaha 4-stroke powered snowmobiles, there is no need to pull on a string to bring the engine to life. Easy electric starting is achieved through a simple handlebar mounted, glove friendly, push-button switch.
- Stealth control system: The handle bar controls feature a left hand switch cluster which allows for 'on the fly' access to the multi-step hand and thumb warmer adjusters. Information available on the multi-function gauge can be easily selected with a convenient toggle switch and the push button reverse gear switch is also located in the left hand cluster. The right side of the bar is clean with an ergonomically shaped throttle lever and simple, stand-alone emergency stop switch. An updated Hayes Stealth brake cylinder equipped with a new composite Stealth brake lever provides great modulation for better feel and powerful stopping performance.
- Engine: Turbo 4-Stroke / 998cc
- Cylinders: 3-cylinder / 998cc
- Bore and Stroke: 80 x 66.2 mm
- Fuel Delivery: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Clutch/Transmission: YSRC
- Disc Brake Type: Hydraulic wave-style disc
- Electric Start/DC Output: Standard / Standard
- Reverse: Push Button
- Suspension (Front): Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front shocks: Fox® 1.5 Zero™ QS3®
- Front Travel: 10 in. (254 mm)
- Ski type: Tuner III
- Suspension (Rear): Dual Load 146
- Rear Shocks: Monotube Alum-HP GAS 1.5
- Rear Travel: 14.5 in. (368 mm)
- Track (WxLxH): Camso® Ripsaw™ II (15x146x1.25 in.)
- Ski stance C to C: 42 in. (1067 mm) adjustable
- Fuel Capacity (L): 33.6
- Hand and Thumb warmers: Standard
- Heated Seat: Standard
- Headlights: LED
- Electric Power Steering: N/A
- Tow Hitch: N/A
- Colour(s): Velocity Red
- Engine Type
- Turbo 4-Stroke / 998cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 80 x 66.2 mm
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Brake Type
- Hydraulic wave-style disc
- Front Suspension
- Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Travel
- 10 in. (254 mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Dual Load 146
- Rear Travel
- 14.5 in. (368 mm)
- Ski Type
- Tuner III
- Ski Stance
- 42 in. (1067 mm) adjustable
- Track Type
- Camso® Ripsaw™ II
- Track Dimensions
- 15x146x1.25 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 33.6 L
- Velocity Red
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Push Button