2018 Yamaha RS Vector
Call for Price
A notable reputation goes a long way, especially when you throw in an overachieving engine with the ability to compete with any sled in or out of its class. For 2018 the RSVector gets an updated rear FOX® Float® 3 XV shock to compliment the single shot 129? rear suspension. Toss in Yamaha's proven electric power steering and the RSVector delivers on all three of snowmobiling core needs: performance, handling and comfort.
- Singleshot 129 Rear Suspension: Features a drop-link rear suspension linkage, Significant weight loss over older Mono Shock design, Dual arm, fully-coupled suspension features inside the rail coupling blocks
- Fox® Float® 3 Xv Rear Shock: Air-spring technology with a secondary extra volume chamber designed to eliminate unwanted bottoming, Exceptional ride and handling over rough terrain, Infinitely adjustable
- Electric Power Steering: Velocity sensing system delivers maximum assistance at varying speeds, Dramatically reduces steering effort, First and only manufacture to offer Electric Power Steering
- Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCCT): Our electronically controlled throttle system delivers next level-performance, control and efficiency. The fully electronic system senses throttle input and electronically controls the throttle valve resulting in smooth, predictable performance specifically tuned for each model. The system serves up three user-selectable performance modes; S (Sport) Mode for maximum performance; T (Touring) Mode for smooth low and mid-range response and improved fuel efficiency; and E (Entry) Mode for predictable acceleration, reduced top speed and optimum fuel economy.
- SingleShot 129 Rear Suspension: The SingleShot rear suspension features a drop-link rear suspension linkage, unique geometry, and a significant weight loss over older Mono Shock designs. The dual arm, fully-coupled suspension features inside the rail coupling blocks, an easy to use track tensioning system, and a significant reduction from the previous 121-inch mono suspension...all while delivering exceptional ride quality, float and control in rough terrain.
- FOX® FLOAT® 3 XV Rear Shock: The FOX® FLOAT® 3 XV shock provides air-spring technology with a secondary Extra Volume chamber designed specifically to eliminate unwanted harsh bottoming. The added volume of the twin chamber design delivers exceptional ride and handling over rough terrain. Both the primary and secondary XV air-spring chambers are infinitely adjustable for both rider preference and conditions.
- Tuner II Skis: Developed exclusively by Yamaha engineers, the Tuner II Ski incorporates a dual keel design that can be calibrated through various runners and carbide lengths for rider preference. The Tuner II Ski dramatically reduces darting and steering effort while retaining predictable and sharp handling characteristics.
- Electric Power Steering: Yamaha was the first and still the only manufacturer to offer Electric Power Steering to the snowmobile industry. The velocity sensing system delivers maximum assistance at slow speeds to nearly zero assistance and high speeds. Aside from dramatically reducing steering effort, the system reduces negative feedback, helping isolate the driver from unwanted steering effort.
- Genesis 1049cc 4-Stroke Engine: Designed to be the premiere trail cruising power plant, the three-cylinder engine features an advanced Yamaha fuel-injection system for incredibly accurate fuel metering for spot on performance and fuel sipping economy. A broad, flat power-band delivers instant thrust from nearly any speed, and hundreds of thousands of miles by satisfied owners is testament to its durability.
- YVXC Clutching: Featuring Yamaha drive and driven clutching, the YVXC system delivers smooth engagement, instant acceleration, fast reacting backshift, and cool operating temperatures for a long belt life. The YVXC clutch system delivers Yamaha's hallmark smooth power delivery, responsive engine feel and unmatched quality.
- Engine Braking Reduction System: Yamaha utilizes an engine braking reduction system for a "free-wheel" feeling on deceleration. The system allows a small amount of air to flow through the intake system upon throttle release, thereby dramatically reducing the engine braking effect typically association with a four-stroke engine.
- HPG Coil-Over Front Shocks: High Pressure Gas (HPG) shocks with strong 40mm bodies are calibrated to deliver consistent performance and comfort with excellent fade resistance. Plus the shocks are rebuildable, ensuring you season after season of consistent performance with proper maintenance.
- RipSaw II Track: Regarded as the best high-performance terrain track available, the 129 x 1.25-inch lug design of the RipSaw II delivers incredible acceleration, braking control, and handling in a wide variety of conditions.
- Third Generation Front Suspension: The sophisticated and precise design of the front suspension incorporates a motion geometry specifically calibrated to eliminate unwanted inside ski lift while cornering. The dual A-arm system is both precise and remarkably predictable for confidence inspiring performance in nearly any terrain.
- Integrated Rear Seat Storage: Like all Yamaha snowmobiles, attention to detail is found everywhere including our integrated seat storage trunk. A secure and easy to use turn clasp unlocks spacious in-seat storage large enough to hold water, goggles, gloves or other riding essentials.
- Wide, Hooked End Handlebars: Yamaha bars are flat and wide, engineered for comfort, control, and natural ergonomics. Integrated hooked ends add additional control options while cornering, and feature heated grips across that span the entire length.
- Standard Electric Start and Reverse: Seamless and easy to use electric start delivers instant and hassle free starts, no matter the weather, eliminating the need for an "old-school" pull rope. You'll also enjoy the convenience of an effective and simple to use reverse system, includes a helpful alert beeper so you always know when reverse is engaged.
- LED Taillight: The high-intensity LED taillight/brake light is lighter and brighter than a traditional incandescent design, and delivers a significantly longer lifespan.
- Engine: 4-stroke / Liquid cooled
- Cylinders: 3-cylinder / 1049cc
- Bore and Stroke: 82 x 66.2 mm
- Fuel Delivery: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Clutch/Transmission: YVXC
- Disc Brake Type: Hydraulic disc
- Electric Start/DC Output: Standard / Automotive & RCA
- Reverse: Standard, Push Button
- Suspension (Front): Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front shocks: 36 mm KYB® Aluminum HPG
- Front Travel: 8.5" (216mm)
- Ski type: Tuner II
- Suspension (Rear): SingleShot 129
- Rear Shocks: Fox® FLOAT® 3 XV
- Rear Travel: 11.8" (300mm)
- Yamaha Performance Damper: N/A
- Length: 118.7" (3015mm)
- Width: 47.3" (1202mm)
- Height: 47.6" (1210mm)
- Track (WxLxH): 15 X 129 X 1.25" (381 x 3269 x 31.8mm) Camoplast® RipsawTMII
- Ski stance C to C: 42.5" (1080mm)
- Fuel Capacity (L): 34.6
- Hand and Thumb warmers: Standard
- Heated Seat: N/A
- Headlights: 60/55W Halogen x 2
- Electric Power Steering: Standard
- Colour(s): White / Blue
- Simplicity: While other plans bog you down in the details, factory-backed YPP gives you bulletproof protection from the unexpected. And it's as simple to use and understand as your Yamaha factory warranty.
- Protection From Expensive Bills: YPP is there whether your repair is a few dollars or a few thousand.
- No Deductible to Pay - Ever: Under YPP, Yamaha picks up the entire cost to repair every applicable manufacturing defect.
- Pick up Where Your Factory Warranty Leaves Off: YPP takes over automatically - and immediately - when your factory warranty expires.
- Added Value for Your Yamaha: Your YPP warranty is transferable, increasing the value of your Yamaha if you decide to sell or trade.
- No Claim Forms: Since we already know your Yamaha, there's no need for you to fill out lengthy claim forms. Your YPP information is available at every authorized Yamaha dealer across Canada.
- Affordable Options: Purchase years of YPP coverage at a fraction of what a single major repair costs. You can also use the Yamaha Financial Services program to finance this coverage.
- Real Peace of Mind: Yamaha is ready to step in to make necessary repairs (excluding those due to normal wear or aging) using genuine Yamaha parts and factory authorized technicians for the full duration of your coverage.
- Yamaha Protection Plus Does Not Cover Failures Resulting From: Commercial or Rental Usage, Racing or competition, Modification of original parts, Installation or use of non-authorized parts or accessories, Use of lubricants, oil and fuel oil mixture other than those recommended in the owner's manual, Accidents or collision or theft damage, Submersion, Fire, Appearance related damage - scratches, dents, fading, flaking, peeling, Normal wear and tear or lack of maintenance, Abuse or neglect, Improper storage, Corrosion, Operated on surfaces not covered with sufficient snow
- The Following Parts Are Not Covered: Drive belts, Skis, ski wear rods and ski skins, Sliders, tracks, track clips, Batteries, Oil, lubes, filters, spark plugs, Light bulbs, sealed beams and fuses, High tension cables, Seat and/or covers, Idler wheels and bearings, Brake pads, Drive chain and sprockets, Primary clutch tuning parts, Secondary clutch tuning parts, Body, windshield and other cosmetic parts, 20,000 km mileage limit *
- Engine Type
- Bore x Stroke
- 82 x 66.2 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Liquid cooled
- Brake Type
- Hydraulic disc
- Front Suspension
- Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Travel
- 8.5 in. (216mm)
- Rear Suspension
- SingleShot 129
- Rear Travel
- 11.8 in. (300mm)
- Ski Type
- Tuner II
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (1080mm)
- Track Dimensions
- 15 X 129 X 1.25 in. (381 x 3269 x 31.8mm) Camoplast® RipsawTMII
- 60/55W Halogen x 2
- Fuel Capacity
- 34.6 L
- White / Blue
- Electric Start
- Standard, Push Button