2018 Yamaha Apex LE 50TH
Call for Price
The legend. The veteran. The Apex. From broad, linear torque, to the electric power steering, what you get from Apex is the most reliable, yet high performing snowmobile to ever touch snow. Ride one and you'll see how effortless and precise the speed comes with the addition new Yamaha Reactive Suspension System (YRSS). For 2018, Apex is only available during Spring Power Surge, so you'll have to act soon.
- Singleshot 129 Rear Suspension: Features a drop-link rear suspension linkage, Significant weight loss over older Mono Shock design, Dual arm, fully-coupled suspension features inside the rail coupling blocks
- New Yamaha Reactive Suspension System: Connects two front shock absorder bodies hydraulically, Improved ride quality with more precise handling, No compromise in ride comfort for roll stability
- Electric Power Steering: Velocity sensing system delivers maximum assistance at varying speeds, Dramatically reduces steering effort, First and only manufacture to offer Electric Power Steering
- SingleShot 129 Rear Suspension: The SingleShot rear suspension features a drop-link rear suspension linkage, unique geometry, and a significant weight loss over older Mono Shock designs. The dual arm, fully-coupled suspension features inside the rail coupling blocks, an easy to use track tensioning system, and a significant reduction from the previous 121-inch mono suspension...all while delivering exceptional ride quality, float and control in rough terrain.
- NEW YRSS Yamaha Reactive Suspension System: This exclusive Yamaha technology connects the two front shock absorber bodies hydraulically. Oil flows between the shocks through a YRSS control unit that affects damping and volume transfer based on the movement and forces generated at each ski. This system helps control lateral roll without compromise to bump compliance and comfort. The net result is an overall improvement in ride quality with more precise handling over conventional shock absorbers which must compromise ride comfort for roll stability using independent damping calibration and stiff springs.
- FOX® FLOAT® 3 XV Rear Shock: The FOX® FLOAT® 3 XV shock provides air-spring technology with a secondary Extra Volume chamber designed specifically to eliminate unwanted harsh bottoming. The added volume of the twin chamber design delivers exceptional ride and handling over rough terrain. Both the primary and secondary XV air-spring chambers are infinitely adjustable for both rider preference and conditions.
- Electric Power Steering: Yamaha was the first and still the only manufacturer to offer Electric Power Steering to the snowmobile industry. The velocity sensing system delivers maximum assistance at slow speeds to nearly zero assistance and high speeds. Aside from dramatically reducing steering effort, the system reduces negative feedback, helping isolate the driver from unwanted steering effort.
- Tuner II Skis: Developed exclusively by Yamaha engineers, the Tuner II Ski incorporates a dual keel design that can be calibrated through various runners and carbide lengths for rider preference. The Tuner II Ski dramatically reduces darting and steering effort while retaining predictable and sharp handling characteristics.
- Genesis 998cc 4-Cylinder Engine: The high RPM Genesis 998cc 4-stroke is one of the most sophisticated engines to ever power a snowmobile. The quick revving four-cylinder engine is incredibly smooth and linear in its power delivery. Year after year, the 998cc delivers the perfect combination of power, fuel efficiency, and durability while producing the sweetest sound in snowmobiling.
- EXUP Exhaust Valve System: The Yamaha exclusive EXUP valve technology controls exhaust pressure waves for optimum intake and exhaust efficiency. The result is increased midrange torque and crisp throttle response while retaining exhilarating top-end power.
- Engine Braking Reduction System: Yamaha utilizes an engine braking reduction system for a ?free-wheel? feeling on deceleration. The system allows a small amount of air to flow through the intake system upon throttle release, thereby dramatically reducing the engine braking effect typically association with a four-stroke engine.
- RipSaw II Track: Regarded as the best high-performance terrain track available, the 129 x 1.25-inch lug design of the RipSaw II delivers incredible acceleration, braking control, and handling in a wide variety of conditions.
- Yamaha Performance Dampers: Exclusive Yamaha technology, the Performance Damper is designed for exceptional overall chassis performance by harnessing unwanted chassis vibration and distortion. The Performance Damper captures unwanted chassis energy resulting in exceptional control and comfort with remarkable high-speed stability and tracking through rutted and chatter bump filled corners.
- Nissin Hydraulic Brake: This Nissin 4-piston hydraulic brake system uses a large vented rotor and caliper to effortlessly pull the machine down from speed. One finger modulation is easy with the ergonomically shaped aluminum brake lever. A secondary caliper and lever are employed for a separate 'parking brake' to hold the track when not in use.
- CF Die-Cast Bulkhead: Control Filled Die Casting is an exclusive Yamaha technology that allows engineers to regulate the thicknesses required for maximum structural performance with a minimum of weight and material. This can be carried out in mass production to create multiple components with identical tolerances, another key to Yamaha quality and reliability.
- Integrated Rear Seat Storage: Like all Yamaha snowmobiles, attention to detail is found everywhere including our integrated seat storage trunk. A secure and easy to use turn clasp unlocks spacious in-seat storage large enough to hold water, goggles, gloves or other riding essentials.
- Wide, Hooked End Handlebars: Yamaha bars are flat and wide, engineered for comfort, control, and natural ergonomics. Integrated hooked ends add additional control options while cornering, and feature heated grips across that span the entire length.
- Standard Electric Start and Reverse: Seamless and easy to use electric start delivers instant and hassle free starts, no matter the weather, eliminating the need for an "old-school" pull rope. You'll also enjoy the convenience of an effective and simple to use reverse system, includes a helpful alert beeper so you always know when reverse is engaged.
- Engine: 4-stroke / Liquid cooled
- Cylinders: 4-cylinder / 998cc
- Bore and Stroke: 74 X 58 mm
- Fuel Delivery: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Clutch/Transmission: YVXC
- Disc Brake Type: Hydraulic disc
- Electric Start/DC Output: Standard / Automotive & RCA
- Reverse: Standard
- Suspension (Front): Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front shocks: Aluminum HPG with YRSS
- Front Travel: 8.5" (216 mm)
- Ski type: Tuner II
- Suspension (Rear): SingleShot 129
- Rear Shocks: Fox® FLOAT® XV
- Rear Travel: 11.8" (300mm)
- Yamaha Performance Damper: Standard
- Length: 110.8" (2815 mm)
- Width: 47.3" (1202 mm)
- Height: 47.6" (1210 mm)
- Track (WxLxH): 15 x 129 x 1.25" (381 x 3269 x 31.8mm) Camoplast® RipsawTMII
- Ski stance C to C: 42.5" (1080 mm)
- Fuel Capacity (L): 34.6
- Hand and Thumb warmers: Standard
- Heated Seat: N/A
- Headlights: 60/55W Halogen X 2
- Electric Power Steering: Standard
- Colour(s): White / Red
- Simplicity: While other plans bog you down in the details, factory-backed YPP gives you bulletproof protection from the unexpected. And it's as simple to use and understand as your Yamaha factory warranty.
- Protection From Expensive Bills: YPP is there whether your repair is a few dollars or a few thousand.
- No Deductible to Pay - Ever: Under YPP, Yamaha picks up the entire cost to repair every applicable manufacturing defect.
- Pick up Where Your Factory Warranty Leaves Off: YPP takes over automatically - and immediately - when your factory warranty expires.
- Added Value for Your Yamaha: Your YPP warranty is transferable, increasing the value of your Yamaha if you decide to sell or trade.
- No Claim Forms: Since we already know your Yamaha, there's no need for you to fill out lengthy claim forms. Your YPP information is available at every authorized Yamaha dealer across Canada.
- Affordable Options: Purchase years of YPP coverage at a fraction of what a single major repair costs. You can also use the Yamaha Financial Services program to finance this coverage.
- Real Peace of Mind: Yamaha is ready to step in to make necessary repairs (excluding those due to normal wear or aging) using genuine Yamaha parts and factory authorized technicians for the full duration of your coverage.
- Yamaha Protection Plus Does Not Cover Failures Resulting From: Commercial or Rental Usage, Racing or competition, Modification of original parts, Installation or use of non-authorized parts or accessories, Use of lubricants, oil and fuel oil mixture other than those recommended in the owner's manual, Accidents or collision or theft damage, Submersion, Fire, Appearance related damage - scratches, dents, fading, flaking, peeling, Normal wear and tear or lack of maintenance, Abuse or neglect, Improper storage, Corrosion, Operated on surfaces not covered with sufficient snow
- The Following Parts Are Not Covered: Drive belts, Skis, ski wear rods and ski skins, Sliders, tracks, track clips, Batteries, Oil, lubes, filters, spark plugs, Light bulbs, sealed beams and fuses, High tension cables, Seat and/or covers, Idler wheels and bearings, Brake pads, Drive chain and sprockets, Primary clutch tuning parts, Secondary clutch tuning parts, Body, windshield and other cosmetic parts, 20,000 km mileage limit *
- Engine Type
- Bore x Stroke
- 74 X 58 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Liquid cooled
- Brake Type
- Hydraulic disc
- Front Suspension
- Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Travel
- 8.5 in. (216mm)
- Rear Suspension
- SingleShot 129
- Rear Travel
- 11.8 in. (300mm)
- Ski Type
- Tuner II
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (1080 mm)
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 129 x 1.25 in. (381 x 3269 x 31.8mm) Camoplast® RipsawTMII
- 60/55W Halogen X 2
- Fuel Capacity
- 34.6 L
- White / Red
- Electric Start